crash in wx.TreeListCtrl SelectItem()

Johannes Lochmann johannes.lochmann at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 18 05:38:36 EDT 2006

Hello list,

I have a strange crash (segfault on FreeBSD) that I can not reliably reproduce
and therefore unfortunately can not provide a self contained test case at the
moment.

Here is what I do (and what works almost always, but sometimes crashes):

1) find an item in a wx.TreeListCtrl by its pydata (code posted to this list)
2) if the item is found:
        a) call EnsureVisible(foundItem)
        b) call SelectItem(foundItem)

The call to EnsureVisible() always returns, but SelectItem() crashes python
sometimes.

foundItem on a crash is something like this:
<wx._controls.TreeItemId; proxy of C++ wxTreeItemId instance at
_a0d0c708_p_wxTreeItemId>

calling GetPyData(foundItem) returns the correct pydate.

Any ideas what could be happening or how to further debug this?

Thank you in advance for your time!

Johannes