iterator wrapper

alf ask at me
Sat Aug 12 12:41:49 EDT 2006

Simon Forman wrote:

> Yes, you've got it, the xrange() version will not allocate a huge list.
>
> It's not part of your main question, and I understand that there may be
> reasons why you can't, but consider upgrading to 2.4 (or very soon now
> 2.5...)

upgrade to 2.4 is on the roadmap and will take place soon .... the app
is just too big and must be stable so since all works in 2.3 well we
stick to it.

there are some parts (related to wx where I noted that 2.4 behaves
differently so it needs some attention) ...

other reason is there is a number of users using customized python (on
top of standard install there is wx, twistedmatrix, matplot and a lot of
small libs/modules == 200MB) so it is kind of pin to migrate that from
the deployment point of view. Tried to have Python on network drive but
it is painfully slow. wonder what strategy should I choose while the
priority is the stable app.

--
alf