VisualStudio2005 supported in distutils

Wed Aug 2 09:33:06 EDT 2006

Hello,

I try to compile Python and several packages (like Numarray) with Visual
Studio 2005. I downloaded the last version of Python from Subversion,
and project files are provided for Visual Studio 2005. With some few
simple corrections, everything compile and Python run correctly.

Unfortunately, distutils does not support VisualStudio2005. I tried to
modify the file msvccompiler.py without success (this case requires to
support some changes of the Visual Studio 8 register for both Win32 and
Win64). So, I wonder if the integration of VisualStudio2005 in distutils
is scheduled in the Python developments or better, if someone has
experiences or patch to support VisualStudio2005 in distutils.

Thanks,
Mathieu.