Open letter to BDFL begging forgiveness.

The Eternal Squire eternalsquire at comcast.net
Sun Aug 6 17:13:46 EDT 2006

Guido,

It has been two years since PyCon 2005.    I know I was a pest during
the conference,
and I am very sorry and regret my actions.   At the time I had a 104
degree fever and
pneumonia but I was determined to make the presentation for Honeywell,
even if
it killed me.  That had greatly affected my judgement as well at the
time.

I am presently unemployed through no fault of my own, and am now
attempting to
make contributions to Python in my own way while keeping house.
However, I am
beginning to suspect that my status as persona non grata in your eyes
is getting
in the way of other people in this group to accept me.

I really would like to be able to start over here.   I am asking for
your forgiveness.  I
think had I been in my right mind and healthy I would not have been as
disruptive,
and so if I ever attend another PyCon or other such meeting, I promise
to behave
better.

Sincerely,

Andrew Jonathan Fine