why does getpass() show the input?

John Machin sjmachin at lexicon.net
Wed Aug 9 20:12:16 EDT 2006

John Salerno wrote:
> I'm guessing this might have something to do with my particular system?

Is that meant to be a statement or a question?

If it's a question, and you'd like a helpful answer, try telling us at
least (1) what platform you are running on, (2) did you enter that at
the usual OS command line (with/without readline), or in an IDE (e.g
IDLE) or some other shell (e.g. IPython) (3) version numbers of Python
and any other relevant software (4) Is the question idle curiosity or
do you need a fix real soon now (5) have you been molesting your
console with e.g. stty ...