M$ windows python libs installed in arbitrary directories for customized python distributions

alf ask at me
Fri Aug 25 03:36:40 EDT 2006

Hi,

for some reason I have to deal with custom python distributions.

It turned out it is quite simple - I just install the python from
python.org and all the libs needed. Then I take python2n.dll from
c:\win*\system32 and move directly to PYTHONDIR. Then I can just tar/zip
the PYTHON dir and distribute around so users do not have to deal with
dozen of libs and packages.

Small difficulty is a maintenance of such "distribution". Namely when I
want install a new lib M$ installer just can not find my python
installations probably due to missing registry entries.

Is there any way to force the actual python site-lib for M$ installers????

thx in advance,

--
alf