How to check n/w shared dir existance using py script?

- C Saha - p4sync at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 7 03:00:43 EDT 2006

Hi Python Gurus

  I have a python script that is supposed to check to see if a folder exists in a computer on a network,
  but python always seems to return false.

  for example:
  1)
  folder_path = “\\\\shared-dir\\packages\\hwmanager\\4.00.1.16”
  if os.path.isdir(folder_path):
                          print “Yes”

  2)
  folder_path = r“\\shared-dir\packages\hwmanager\4.00.1.16”
  if os.path.isdir(folder_path):
                          print “Yes”

  If you are directly running it from python prompt it’s giving the right result, but from a script it’s always giving false.

  If anyone of you have any idea about this. Please help me out ...

  Thanks
  Chirantan

Thanks a lot to all in advance

Thanks & Regards