Tkinter module not found

Dan bounces at foo.org
Tue Aug 8 22:22:26 EDT 2006

Shuaib wrote:
> Hey again,
>
> I am using the latest python available on my system (2.4). So I don't
> think that's the problem.
>
> Any more ideas? Do I need to install Tkinter as a seperate
> module/package? As I said, I've already installed Tcl/Tk, though.

This is a wild guess, but I just installed Python 2.5b3 from source to
play with it, and on the first attempt I didn't get Tkinter.  Turns out
I was missing tcl.h and tk.h in /usr/include.  On my system (Fedora), I
had to install tcl-devel and tk-devel to get those header files.

Since you mentioned Gentoo, which builds from source, maybe you have a
similar issue.  Although you'd think there'd be some dependency checking
  in your package system that would catch it.  Like I said, this is just
a wild guess.

/Dan

--
dedded att verizon dott net