pickling and endianess

Chandrashekhar Kaushik shekhar.kaushik at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 02:37:07 EDT 2006

The pickletools.py seems to be giving cool info on the same ( the PM virual
machine and all ). Will try to salvage something out of that.

I dont think i really need that much . Just need to be able to send data
across the network and then retrieve it properly independent of the
architecture at the remote end :)

On 8/25/06, Gabriel Genellina <gagsl-py at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:

> At Friday 25/8/2006 03:17, Chandrashekhar Kaushik wrote:
>
> >I am actually looking to implement serialization routines in C++.
> >An am facing the problem of how to tackle endianess and sizeof issues.
> >
> >Could you give me a overview of how pickling is done in python ?
> >Reading pickle.py is obviously the option , but its getting daunting
> >as i am not that proficient in python :( .
>
> Uhm, I think this is a bit hard... The pickle format is actually code
> for a stack-based machine, which gets interpreted when you load it.
> I think you should look for another example implementation; perhaps
> Java Serializable?
>

> Gabriel Genellina
> Softlab SRL

> Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
> Todo lo que querías saber, y lo que ni imaginabas,
> está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
> ¡Probalo ya!
> http://www.yahoo.com.ar/respuestas

shekhar