Python Projects Continuous Integration

baalbek rcs at bgoark.no
Sun Aug 6 18:25:04 EDT 2006

Dave Potts wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm just starting a development project in Python having spent time in
> the Java world.  I was wondering what tool advice you could give me
> about setting up a continuous integration environment for the python
> code: get the latest source, run all the tests, package up, produce the
> docs, tag the code repository.  I'm used to things like Maven and
> CruiseControl in the Java world.

Coming from the world of Java, you probably are familiar with Eclipse?
Might even have it installed already?

Eclipse comes with a very cool Python perspective, called Pydev.
Installation instructions can be found at: http://pydev.sourceforge.net/

Code completion, syntax coloring, etc etc, in my opinion Eclipse/Pydev
is one of the most convenient/advanced environments in which to work
with Python.

baalbek