Interactive display of trace.py output?

Diane Jaquay djaquay at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 17 14:06:30 EDT 2006

I've been using trace.py to get code coverage results for my unit tests, and
like it.  Now I'm trying to use it for code coverage of the GUI parts of my
wxPython-based program, and I realized how nice it would be to be able to see
what lines I'd covered and what remained to be exercised, without having to
stop the trace to get the output updated.

It occurred to me that accepting the "--trace" output from trace.py as input to
another program would allow that other program to show a source file and show
what lines remain to be tested as you're performing the tests.  It also
occurred to me that someone may have already done this.

Does such a thing exist, or do I get to write it?

Thanks,
Dave (djaquay at yahoo, dot-com)