Need a compelling argument to use Django instead of Rails

Paul Rubin http
Wed Aug 2 08:42:52 EDT 2006

"Ben Sizer" <kylotan at gmail.com> writes:
> Another perfectly good reason is that PHP pages are much simpler to
> deploy than any given Python application server. Just add the code into
> your HTML pages as required and you're done. Python could come close to
> this if something like the Python Server Pages implementation in
> mod_python was to become widely available and well known, but that
> still requires overcoming the first problem.

I didn't realize you could do shared hosting with mod_python, because
of the lack of security barriers between Python objects (i.e. someone
else's application could reach into yours).  You really need a
separate interpreter per user.  A typical shared hosting place might
support 1000's of users with ONE apache/php instance (running in a
whole bunch of threads or processes, to be sure).