Broadcast server

swell at netcourrier.com swell at netcourrier.com
Thu Aug 31 05:14:15 EDT 2006

I would like to write a server with the low level API of python (
socket+select and/or socket+thread ) that allow me to register client
and update them every X seconds ( could be the time, the temperature, a
stock quote, a message , ... ).

How to write the server that keep hot connections with clients and
update them when events are trigerred. I don't know how to begin this ,
i look at the python doc but the doc is more related to client updating
the server and i am not sure of the right design that could be use
here.

Thx
Manu