pickling or xml or other?

Bo bs1984 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 00:40:05 EDT 2006

You could use a python file and use the builtin import facility to read
in configurations.

from http://dirtsimple.org/2004/12/python-is-not-java.html
   ... in Python, more often than not, code is easier to write
   than XML. And Python can process code much, much
   faster than your code can process XML. (Not only that,
   but you have to write the XML processing code, whereas
   Python itself is already written for you.)