Read a file with open command

jean-jeanot jean.moser at neuf.fr
Fri Aug 11 13:15:08 EDT 2006

Dear Sybrel,

I am delighted to know that you have been enlighted through my
question.
I am aware of my stupidity and I would say of my ignorance.If all
Python users were not ignorant I suppose  the Python group would be
superfluous. I would suggest that if if you think that a question is
supid please do not answer it.In French we say: "There is no stupid
question but answers can be stupid". For the citation of Zappa I am
convinced that when Zappa is speaking of world stupidity he is thinking
to stupidity and wickedness of mankind and not to ignorance.
Anyway the open command with a file having the extension ods must be
used with a slash. But with a double backslash it is functionning too.
In every documentation I posess on Python it is mentioned that an
absolute path in Windows starts with a backslash.Python accepts
platform-specific syntax ( See Python by C. Fehilly , p 306, Python in
a nutshell by Martelli, etc,etc)
Anyway thank you for your answer.

jean-Jeanot