Pros/Cons of Turbogears/Rails?

Sam Smoot ssmoot at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 22:15:23 EDT 2006

fuzzylollipop wrote:
> I got my facts straight, Ruby is not tested in production environments.

That's odd... it's running bank websites, credit-card processing, high
traffic sites like ODEO and Penny-Arcade. Seems pretty "production" to
me.

> And I am speaking from a BIG internet site scale.

Yes yes, I'm sure that never fails to impress the ladies.

> The internet is NOTHING BUT EDGE CASES.

I beg to differ. Step outside of the Top 1000 and the web is largely
marketing, portfolio, reporting, and boring administration sites.

> Neither Ruby NOR Rails is "mature" by ANY REASONABLE definition.

Companies and individuals are using it to competitive advantage every
day. Obviously you don't have much (if any) actual experience with Ruby
OR Rails.

By the way, we've yet to hear your opinion on Python and TurboGears...