Python for Windows

Larry Bates larry.bates at websafe.com
Wed Aug 30 18:56:49 EDT 2006

mistral wrote:
> hg писал(а):

>> You can make your own installer to install Python, and make sure the
>> registry is not touched - I think the current installer modifies at
>> least the .py .pyw file association.
>>
>> hg
>
> --------------------
> not sure how to make custom installer to install Python on windows. Is
> there some ready one?
> If msi installer modify just pair of keys, and not touch system files,
> then OK. Have it uninstaller also?
>
> mistral

If you really want to install Python on Windows, I would recommend that
you get ActiveState Python, it comes as .MSI installer and has
uninstaller.

http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePython/

It does minimal registry changes and I know of no system file changes
(but I could be wrong).  If you want to put a program written in python
on a workstation you don't have to put python on it.  Use py2exe to
package it and create an installer with Inno Setup.

-Larry