Regular Expression question

stevebread at yahoo.com stevebread at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 21 17:35:58 EDT 2006

Hi, thanks everyone for the information! Still going through it :)

The reason I did not match on tag2 in my original expression (and I
apologize because I should have mentioned this before) is that other
tags could also have an attribute with the value of "adj__" and the
attribute name may not be the same for the other tags. The only thing I
can be sure of is that the value will begin with "adj__".

I need to match the "adj__" value with the closest preceding tag1
irrespective of what tag the "adj__" is in, or what the attribute
holding it is called, or the order of the attributes (there may be
others). This data will be inside an html page and so there will be
plenty of html tags in the middle all of which I need to ignore.

Thanks very much!
Steve