Is this a good idea or a waste of time?

Antoon Pardon apardon at forel.vub.ac.be
Tue Aug 29 05:46:37 EDT 2006

On 2006-08-29, Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:
> Antoon Pardon wrote:

>>>I think others have shown enough examples of good things that can be
>>>done by *not* enforcing a specific type...
>>
>> That doesn't contradict that in other situations good things can be
>> done by enforcing specific type or at least limiting to a subset
>> of specific types.
>>
> Indeed it doesn't, but perhaps in future we could leave others to work
> out the glaringly obvious for themselves rather than having to
> explicitly provide the counterargument to each single response to a posting?

That Gabriel found it necessary to respond with that particular remark
suggest to me it wasn't glaringly obvious to him.

If we leave others to work out for themselves what is glaringly obvious
to us, I think a lot of newbee questions won't get answered.

> crabbi-ly y'rs  - steve

Sorry if I got on your nerves. But why don't you just skip my
articles if they irritate you or put me in a kill file if
you think of me as irratable in general?

--
Antoon Pardon