Python and STL efficiency

Mc Osten riko at despammed.com
Tue Aug 22 19:31:02 EDT 2006

Tim N. van der Leeuw <tim.leeuwvander at nl.unisys.com> wrote:

> My conclusion from that is, that the vector<> or set<> implementations
> of GCC are far superior to those of VC++ 6, but that memory allocation
> for GCC 3.4.5 (MinGW version) is far worse than that of MSCRT / VC++ 6.
> (And Python still smokes them both).

It would be interesting to test it with VC 8 (2005). I have it in my
Parallels vm, but it looks like something is wrong. The very same code
takes almost a minute, I suppose there is something wrong with it
(Python is almost as fast as the python 2.4 on MacOS).

--
blog:  http://www.akropolix.net/rik0/blogs | Uccidete i filosofi,
site:  http://www.akropolix.net/rik0/      | tenetevi riso e