Extending the dict class

chosechu chosechu at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 08:58:45 EDT 2006

Duncan Booth wrote:
> If the order of the argument names matters, then it seems to me that should
> be handled by the SOAP library, not pushed onto the end user whoch should
> just be calling the function with the named arguments in the most
> convenient order.
>
> Shouldn't SOAPpy be able to get this information out of the WSDL?

Yes, SOAPpy could extract this from the WSDL specs.
SOAPpy could also find another way to pass call parameters, but I kinda
like
the named parameters (seems really Python-like). Microsoft could also
build SOAP services that parse XML without making ordering mandatory
where
nobody said it was.

... but we are living in a different dimension, one where I can extend
the Python dict class but not touch 2 of its 3 constructors (of course
the most
useful ones).

If you really want to know, I ended up at the socket level pushing
templatized
strings. Wish me luck with future server changes.