Newbie Python SQL

len lsumnler at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 15:54:55 EDT 2006

Hi all

Could someone recommend a tutoral, book, white paper, etc.  I am trying
to write a python program which takes a CSV file and through SQL insert
update my SQL files.

The SQL files contain a parent file with multiply child and
grandchildren plus various files for doing validation.  I am using the
mxODBC module for access to the SQL files.  I have, through the IDLE
connected done some simple queries and some testing of insert.

I believe I am past the initial stage on the SQL stuff but just can't
get to the next level.  I have picked up several python book, but all
take a very introductory approach.

Any recommendation would be appreciated.

Len Sumnler