sqlite3 or mysqldb?

Fri Aug 18 10:25:51 EDT 2006

Paul Boddie wrote:

> There's plenty of scope for writing non-standard SQL even in the most
> common operations. Moreover, defining tables can be awkward because the
> set of supported data types and the names used can vary in a seemingly
> unnecessary fashion between systems.

Good point. I forgot that sqlite doesn't have as strict of data typing
as mysql, so that might cause some problems as well. Oh well, basically
I'm just looking for something to learn from, so it's still probably
better to go with a simpler one that I will still be able to apply to
the more complex ones if needed.