do people really complain about significant whitespace?

Slawomir Nowaczyk slawomir.nowaczyk.847 at student.lu.se
Thu Aug 10 09:36:58 EDT 2006

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 04:01:51 -0700
Rob Wolfe <blue99 at interia.pl> wrote:

#> > if x==1:
#> >
#> > the newline is inserted automatically when you type ":"? That's a
#>
#> Exactly.

Really? The newline? I know it *indents* automatically. But it
definitely doesn't insert newline when I try it.

I even downloaded revision 4.63 and I really do not see any code for
doing that. py-electric-colon only seems to dedent code.

#> > functionality I would like to see, but it doesn't seem to work
#> > this way.
#>
#> Here is fragment of my python-mode.el:

Please note that this comment doesn't say anything about automatically
inserting newlines, only about indenting (actually, dedenting) as
needed.

Anyway, this is probably becoming off-topic here.

--
 Best wishes,
   Slawomir Nowaczyk

Cursor: What you become when your computer crashes.