avoiding file corruption

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Sun Aug 27 11:59:49 EDT 2006

On 2006-08-27, Amir  Michail <amichail at gmail.com> wrote:

> How often do you need to open a file multiple times for writing?

Not very often, but I don't think it should be illegal.  That's
probably a result of being a 25 year user of Unix where it's
assumed that the user knows what he's doing.

> As a high-level language, Python should prevent people from
> corrupting data as much as possible.

For somebody with a Unix background it seems overly restrictive.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Youth of today! Join
                                  at               me in a mass rally