namespace problems

Kiran Kiran.Karra at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 12:54:13 EDT 2006

Hi all, I am trying to get the following to work, but cant seem to do
it the way i want to.

ok, so I come into python and do the following:

>>> x = 1

then, i have a file called test.py in which i say:
print x

Now, after having defined x =1 in the python interpreter, i come in and
say:
import test
it has a problem, which i can understand, because it is in its own
namespace,
but even if i say:
from test import *
the interpreter still gives me the error:
NameError: name 'x' is not defined

the only way i can get it to work is if i say: execfile('./test.py')
how can i get this to work by importing and not execfile?

thanks for your help!