Python and STL efficiency

Mc Osten riko at despammed.com
Wed Aug 23 03:59:13 EDT 2006

Ray <ray_usenet at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Certainly--I was not comparing 1000000 against 10000. Referring to the
> OP's statement: "However, while the python code gave the result almost
> instantly, the C++ code took several seconds to run!" 30ms sounds like
> a definite improvement over several seconds!

Of course. I suppose there's something broken in OP's C++ setup (in fact
the version I compiled with VCPP 2005 also takes a lot of seconds...
something like 20-30 seconds, but of course this makes me think I
haven't understood how it is supposed to work, since my gcc gives
results comparable to yours).

--
blog:  http://www.akropolix.net/rik0/blogs | Uccidete i filosofi,
site:  http://www.akropolix.net/rik0/      | tenetevi riso e