Programming newbie coming from Ruby: a few Python questions

Bruno Desthuilliers bdesth.quelquechose at free.quelquepart.fr
Wed Aug 2 18:21:53 EDT 2006

simonharrison at fastmail.co.uk a écrit :
> thanks very much for all the comments, links to articles and other
> help.The Ruby crowd says you guys are no where near as friendly as
> them!

Yes. Python bashing sadly appears to be the national sport amongst
Rubyists. Looks like a puberty crisis to me, and I guess (or at least
hope) this will calm down when Ruby will start to mature.

FWIW, c.l.py is still one of the more helpful and friendly place on
usenet. This doesn't mean there's no RTFMs, but at least they are
usually gently followed by a link to the relevant section !-)

> I was half expecting a nervous breakdown after writing my first
> post here.

Sorry if you're disappointed. But you can take a chance on c.l.lisp if
you really want a newsgroup that's nowhere as friendly as this one !-)

> Cheers again

Welcome on board - hope you'll enjoy the trip.