recommended general-purpose string template packages?

metaperl metaperl at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 10:03:15 EDT 2006

John Machin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In general, I'm mainly interested in a template engine for dynamic web
> pages but would like a general purpose one to avoid learning yet
> another package for generating e-mail messages, form letters, source
> code, whatever.

HTMLTemplate and texttemplate offer a somewhat uniform approach to text
versus HTML... it attempts to raise string processing up to the level
of tree/HTML processing. That stringtemplate module seems to be aiming
for the lowest common denominator.

Interesting contrast in approaches:
http://freespace.virgin.net/hamish.sanderson/index.html