NumPy 1.0b4 now available

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Aug 30 02:56:38 EDT 2006

mensanator at aol.com wrote:
> Robert Kern wrote:
>>mensanator at aol.com wrote:
[...]
>>>Like the statement
>>>
>>>"There is a module called convertcode.py in NumPy that
>>>can make the transition to NumPy easier (it will automatically
>>>perform the search-and-replace style changes that need to
>>>be made to python code that uses Numeric to make it work
>>>with NumPy)."
>>>
>>>Which is a lie, there is no such module included in numpy.
>>>Is alter_code1.py supposed to take its place? If so why hasn't
>>>the Home Page been updated to reflect this?
>>
>>Are you volunteering to maintain the site?
>
> Sure.
[...]

Good for you!

The open source world *needs* to encourage more involvement from
(forgive me, but you imply the same yourself) "clueless" users. That
way, the software will become more widely available, as it won't speak
only to experienced developers.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119