hide python code !

Philippe Martin pmartin at snakecard.com
Tue Aug 15 09:47:50 EDT 2006

Bayazee wrote:

> Armin Steinhoff wrote:
>> Bayazee wrote:
>> > hi
>> > can we hide a python code ?
>> > if i want to write a commercial software can i hide my source code from
>> > users access ?
>> > we can conver it to pyc but this file can decompiled ... so ...!!
>> > do you have any idea about this ...?
>>
>> Use Pyrex in order to build C-Modules from the critical parts of your
>> software.
>>

>> > ---------------------------------------
>> > First Iranian Open Source Community : www.python.ir
>>
>> Interesting ... but you are not a member of this community. Right?
>>
>> --Armin
>

> Hi
> thanx for your answers . i read all of your replys carefully ...
> i am an open source Programmer ! i love to distribute my sources and
> use other ideas ! but asking a question is't reason of using it ! i
> want to find a way to hide python source codes ! can we do it ? how ?
> but i dont want to use it ....
> this is a question that i must be answer to a friend !

Then the answer could be a question: can we hide any source/binary ?

Hardware tokens (ex: smart cards) are used just for that purpose. So as long
as you distribute a PC with your package and are certain it cannot be
tempered with (the correct O/S, administrative rights, encrypted
partitions .....) ... but I do not think there is such a PC out there.

You might want to read this:

http://www.commoncriteriaportal.org/
www.commoncriteriaportal.org/public/files/ccintroduction.pdf
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Criteria