text editor suggestion?

Tue Aug 22 14:59:40 EDT 2006

Ravi Teja wrote:

> ???
>
> In the same file, near the top.
>
> keywordclass.python=and assert break class continue def del elif \
> else except exec finally for from global if import in is lambda None \
> not or pass print raise return try while yield
>
> I could add my own keywords to it.

But I don't want all my keywords to be highlighted in the same way. I
have different colors for Python keywords, functions and methods,
exceptions, other words like 'self', etc. and there's no way to do this
without rewriting the lexer file (which is in C++) and recompiling Scite
to build the changes into it.