do people really complain about significant whitespace?

Andy Dingley dingbat at codesmiths.com
Tue Aug 8 11:56:18 EDT 2006

Thomas Guettler wrote:

> I like python, but sometimes i don't like that python allows
> spaces and tabs. It would be easier if you had less choice and
> must use four spaces.

That's the nice thing about Python. It doesn't care about indentation
distance, it just wants "some" and "consistent".

I like the idea that "humans see the whitespace as significant anyway,
so document the fact and use it"  (I presume this came from Occam).
What I don't like so much is that the _ends_ of blocks are less
visually obvious.