f2py on windows XP - "Unknown Switch"??

Sile sile_brennan at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 28 04:44:07 EDT 2006

Cheers John -

I did finally getting f2py working on XP using MinGW, GnuFcompiler for
F77, and much help!  However, having set up everything correctly I have
been told in work I now need to use F90. I have downloaded and
installed G95 MinGW in my MinGW directory and this isn't working now,
I'm not having much joy with this! When I check the available fortran
compilers in F2PY I get the following...............

customize Gnu95FCompiler

Could not locate executable f95

Executable f95 does not exist

Could not locate executable f95

Executable f95 does not exist

Could not locate executable f95

Executable f95 does not exist

customize IntelVisualFCompiler

Could not locate executable ifl

Executable ifl does not exist

customize G95FCompiler

Couldn't match compiler version for 'G95 (GCC 4.0.3 (g95 0.90!) Aug 22
2006) Copyright (C) 2002-2005 Free Software Foundation, Inc.nG95 comes
with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. You may redistribute
copies of G95under the terms of the GNU General Public License.For more
information about these

based on suggestions on the web I changed one line in g95.py to
version_pattern =r'G95.*\(GCC4.01)\(g95!) (?P<version>.\).
Unfortunately this didn't work for me. The problem seems to be with my
gcc version so I'm trying to find a way around this at the moment. Any
suggestions would be much appreciated, I have submitted this problem to
the f2py mailing list too.

thanks,

Sile