matplotlib, wxPanel inside a wxPanel

ajaksu ajaksu at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 12:22:07 EDT 2006

Sam wrote:
> Hello,

Hi there Sam :)

> I'm beginning to think that what i'm trying to do isn't actually
> possible, and that i'll need to put it in a frame instead, which is a
> pity.

Indeed, if that is the case... as I'll need to do exactly that! But see
below ;)

> On the other hand, when i create graph_panel and put this inside of
> main_panel, NavigationToolbar2 does not work. The graph and toolbar are
> both displayed, but none of the buttons on the toolbar do anything.

I've been bitten by things that sounded similar to this and were
related to sloppy cut'n'paste that resulted in different hierarchies of
wx elements. If you post your code we can try to spot mistakes like
those.

As a general advice, go for a clean frame with a main_panel, a
graph_panel and sprinkle "print" statements (specially around events)
to find out what is happening.

> Can anyone please advise if what i'm trying to do is possible and if
> so, provide a small example? I'm running windows XP, python 2.4,
> wxpython 2.6.

I'll try to get around that one later today, but on win98 :)

Daniel