Read a file with open command

John Machin sjmachin at lexicon.net
Sat Aug 12 20:32:00 EDT 2006

gslindstrom at gmail.com wrote:
[snip]
> My point is that this is a wonderful service you tutors provide, but
> the Zappa signature may not be the best choice for this setting.

This is *not* the tutor list.

>Most people will read it and get a laugh (as did I), but how many have taken
> it the way jean-jeanot did and walk away feeling insulted?  How many
> will not post a response expressing their feelings, never post a
> question again or, worst case, decide Python is not for them?

<humour>
Possibly one, were he still alive: St Aloysius "of whom it is said in
the book of the monk Eustachius that when he heard a man breaking wind
with deafening noise he immediately burst into tears and could only be
consoled by prayers" [from "The Good Soldier Švejk ..." by Jaroslav
Hašek [tr. Parrott (the Sir Cecil variety, not the Norwegian Blue)]]
</humour>

Cheers,
John