Best Practices for Python Script Development?

Ant antroy at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 10:14:59 EDT 2006

> `Pydoc <http://docs.python.org/lib/module-pydoc.html>`_ seems to be
> built around modules and I want to document scripts.

Any python script *is* a python module. So pydoc is what you are after
here.

> Version Control
> ===============

Subversion and Trac are a very good combination - Trac is a web-based
view of the subversion repository as well as being a wiki and issue
tracker. (Incidentally Trac is written in Python.)

> Books
> =====
> * Python Cookbook
> * Programming Python

I've found the Python Pocket reference very useful - I rarely use
anything other than that and the online docs (though I found Python in
a Nutshell and the cookbook very useful early on).