Something for PyPy developers?

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.us
Sat Aug 5 19:01:57 EDT 2006

In article <1154809334.734417.314660 at i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
Paddy <paddy3118 at netscape.net> wrote:
>I just found this:
>  http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~dpw/popl/06/Tim-POPL.ppt
>And thought of you... :-)
>
>called "The Next Mainstream Programming Languages", Tim Sweeney of Epic
>Games presents on problems that game writers see and muses on possible
>solutions.
			.
			.
			.
1.  I liked this presentation more than I expected.
    I suspect my mistake is not to recognize
    adequately that POPL *does* have high standards.
2.  To me, the closest existing models are Erlang
    and, of course, Lisp-the-universal-solution.
3.  I remember a couple of earlier waves of effort
    in parallelism-savvy languages.  Maybe this
    time we'll get it right.  Stranger things have
    happened than for a Parallel Python to emerge.