Reading unformatted big-endian files

Andrea Gavana andrea.gavana at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 08:13:08 EDT 2006

Hello John,

> (1) Upgrade to 2.5 as soon as it goes final -- struct's performance has
> been improved.

I would love to, but I have some dependencies (like wxPython, Numeric,
py2exe and so on) for which a 2.5 stable release either doesn't exist
or is not fully tested or will break my app in some way. I believe
Numeric doesn't exist anymore (!) and I am somewhat afraid to use
numpy. It is a little bit more "hostile" :-D

> How big are your files, anyway?

Well, they ranges from 6-7 MB (the smallest) to 600-700 MB (the
biggest)... I will try the new script and see how it performs.

Thank you very much!

Andrea.

http://xoomer.virgilio.it/infinity77/