do people really complain about significant whitespace?

gslindstrom at gmail.com gslindstrom at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 07:43:05 EDT 2006

Carl Banks wrote:
> Although Python doesn't do this, it is possible to mandate a specific
> indent (4 spaces, say), or at least a reasonable consistent indent  <snip>

I like running reindent.py (found in your Python source directory under
Tools/Scripts) which cleans up indentations, trailing whitespace, and
other things.  We run our entire source directory through reindent
before we check it into our library.  A very nice routine courtesy of
Tim Peters, I believe.

--greg