(Boost.Python) How to load header files?

Neil Hodgson nyamatongwe+thunder at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 19:56:41 EDT 2006

Qun Cao wrote:

> I have a C++ class foo.cpp, defined in foo.h, I wrote a wrapper class
> for it to generate a python module.
>
> #include "Foo.h"

    If you are on Windows it shouldn't matter but try to keep
capitalisation consistent: #include "foo.h".

> The problem is that when I bjam it, the compiler cannot find the header
> file <Foo.h>, although I had the location of Foo.h added into $PATH.

    Headers don't go into $PATH. The bjam way is to use an include
dependency in the Jamfile. One of my Jamfile's looks something like this
  with extra stuff removed:

extension SinkWorld
: # sources
   SinkWorld.cpp
   :
   <include>../../base
   <include>../../lexers
   ;

   I'm not a Jam or Boost expert and the best place for Boost.Python
questions is

    Neil