Info on continuations?

olsongt at verizon.net olsongt at verizon.net
Tue Aug 8 11:07:02 EDT 2006

vasudevram wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am Googling and will do more, found some stuff, but interested to get
> viewpoints of list members on:
>
> Continuations in Python.
>
> Saw a few URLs which had some info, some of which I understood. But
> like I said, personal viewpoints are good to have.
>
> Thanks
> Vasudev

Could you be a little more specific on what you're looking for?
Continuations are a big can of worms.

In general, some of the historical uses of continuations are better
represented as classes in python.  Generators provide some limited
functionality as well, and will be able to send info both ways in
python 2.5 to enable limited co-routines.  Stackless python allows you
to *really* suspend the stack at a given time and do a bunch of crazy
stuff, but doesn't currently support 'full continuations'.