do people really complain about significant whitespace?

Carl Banks pavlovevidence at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 08:15:49 EDT 2006

Stephen Kellett wrote:
> I really dislike that the end of loop2  is implicit rather than
> explicit.

So you can't see at a glance how many blocks were closed.  That's fair.
 Add a little chalk mark to the against column.

> C/C++ have quite a number of horrible styles (K/R being one)

Oddly, I never used to use K & R until I was a longtime Python
programmer.  Then I wanted to get those redundant braces as far out of
the way as reasonable; hence K & R.  Maybe someday I'll take up a
LISP-like style and put the closing brace on the last line of the
block.  (No, I won't.)

Carl Banks