wxWindow GetPosition() bug???

Andre Poenitz andre at svn2.wasy.de
Tue Aug 22 07:37:36 EDT 2006

mardif <mariano.difelice at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I've found a strange behavior in method GetPosition() of wxWindow class
>
> ( and derived ).
> On windows, if you create a window object
>
> frame = wx.Frame(None, -1, "TESTING")
>
> and you set the position to:
> frame.SetPosition( (300, 45000) )
>
> If you call method GetPosition, the result will be:
> frame.GetPosition()
>
> 32767 is the integer limit. Why GetPosition() returns this value??? and
>
> why on Unix Platform this problem was not found??
>
> thx very much!

Traditionally, there was a 16(15?) bit limit for coordinates on X Window
systems.

Maybe the wx implementations tries to be smarter than X itself and
restricts the positions artificially. Maybe Windows has sch a limit
itself...

I don't really know, other than 'never try to access coordinates
that are 'much' bigger than what is actually visible'...

Andre'