sequel to the topic "install patch on windows".....

djoefish djoefish at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 19:16:15 EDT 2006

sequel to the topic "install patch on windows".....

I am currently running Python2.3 with Enthought on a windows PC. I have
been running into a memory problem (see
http://evanjones.ca/python-memory-part3.html), and would like to
install a patch. I have read a lot about it online, but can't seem to
find out how to do so on windows.

I have a 'patch' program that works, but it only patches the source
file 'obmalloc.c', which does not exist in the final Python
installation. Is it possible to install a patch without recompiling all
of python? Could someone direct me to some documentation that might
help?

I wouldn't mind waiting for the 2.5 release (which has the patch built
in), but then I'm afraid I would also have to wait for an ungrade of
Enthought.

any advice?

thanks,

djoefish