New to python

Paddy paddy3118 at netscape.net
Thu Aug 17 17:56:45 EDT 2006

Gallagher, Tim (NE) wrote:
> Hello all,
> I am new to python and I have a few questions.  I am an old Perl hacker
> been using Perl for many years.  I wanted to give python a try, I am
> happy with it so far.
> Question:
> 1. Is there a repository that I can go to for modules? Perl has CPAN and
> I was wondering what the Python equivalent was.
>
> I guess that I had a few more that I cannot think of right now.
>
> Thanks
>
> Tim
Welcome Tim.
The stock answer to the CPAN equivalent question is that Python comes
with a lot more included as standard. You really do need to browse the
Library Reference Docs.
  http://docs.python.org/lib/

You might also want to take a look at this page on the wiki:
  http://wiki.python.org/moin/PerlPhrasebook

Of course, this is as well as going through whatever Python tutorial
you are following.

Have fun,

- Paddy
.