windows pagfile utilization

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Wed Aug 30 12:12:32 EDT 2006

> Not page/swap -- by default Windows only gives 2GB to
> applications for data; the rest is held for shared OS kernel
> usage.

Is it just me or does this seem ludicrous?  If I had a bunch of
re$ource$ and I employed someone to manage them for me, would I
find it acceptable that they consume half of the re$ource$ for
their own use just to manage the other half of my re$ource$?

"Thanks for putting 4 gigs of ram in your machine.  How about I
let you use 2 of 'em while I underutilize the other 2 gigs?"

Sounds silly, IMHO.

-tkc