Make Object Oriented?

h112211 at gmail.com h112211 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 09:06:41 EDT 2006

Michael Yanowitz wrote:
> Hello:
>
>    Are there any tools to convert non-object-oriented code
> into object-oriented code?

Nope, but you can have the next best thing: rewrite it from scratch
yourself.

I did that to a smallish (about 50k lines) C program once, and the
resulting 70k lines or so C++ program was superior to the old version
in many ways. However, maybe the best result was that after the rewrite
I knew the problem domain and the implementation inside out, much
better than I would've by reading and running the old C code, which was
written by someone else.

Of course, today I'd do it in 15k lines of Python ;)