Documentation Question About Depricated String Functions

Hitesh hitesh287 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 14:52:32 EDT 2006

Hi,

In python doc -- 4.1.4 Deprecated string functions  -- I read that "The
following list of functions are also defined as methods of string and
Unicode objects; see ``String Methods'' (section 2.3.6) for more
information on those. You should consider these functions as
deprecated, although they will not be removed until Python 3.0. The
functions defined in this module are: " and there is a whole list of
functions. If these functions are deprecated what is the replacement
for them? I couldn't find that info in the doc. Any links will be
helpful.

Thank you,
hj