Password authentication systems

neokosmos at gmail.com neokosmos at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 22:45:00 EDT 2006

Paul Rubin wrote:
> neokosmos at gmail.com writes:
> > My goal is to keep user passwords as safe as possible, assuming someone
> > did decide to steal the password files.
>
> How often will new accounts be added?  I have an idea I might try to
> code up.

Frequently, I hope.  Realistically, when I open my personal MUD server,
what I expect is an initial flurry of new accounts (say, up to 100 a
day, just to overestimate), then slowing down to a steadier state
(again, say 10 per day, to overestimate).

I'm curious about this idea, in any case. :-)  If you decide to "code
it up," that's great... otherwise, I'd appreciate if you emailed me to
discuss it away from comp.lang.python.

Thanks!